Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Friday, June 4, 2010

Raajneeti: 'A typical Prakash Jha film'

Raajneeti
Anticipating the reactions to Raajneeti, Ajay Devgn talks about his equation with Prakash Jha
You must be looking forward to Raajneeti’s release as it marks your return in a Prakash Jha film after five years.
It is exciting because people often approach me saying that they have seen Gangaajal not 10-12 times but 50 times or so. And if they’ve liked Apaharan and Gangaajal, they will like Raajneeti too—it is a typical Prakash Jha film which is hard-hitting yet entertaining. He has the knack of telling a real story without making it a docu-drama.
So do you find yourself blindly agreeing to do a film that Jha offers to you?
It is almost so. When he approached me for Raajneeti, he only had the idea and the characters. He told that my character is based on the Mahabharat’s Karan. I told him that I like the idea but given that it requires an ensemble cast, I also asked him if he really thought I should do the film. Once he said he was sure I should, I didn’t even look at the script till much later. We have done three films together and been friends for over a decade. I know he will never make a stupid film and we share a comfort level where we can trust each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment