Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Saturday, October 10, 2009

'London Dreams my first authentic Bollywood film'


Asin
Ghajini, her first Bollywood release has set up box-office records the way it set cash registers ringing. But strangely, Asin Thottumkal calls her forthcoming release London Dreams her ‘first authentic Bollywood film’. “London Dreamscould be my second release in Hindi, but for me it’s my first authentic Bollywood film.”
Though the actress has worked with veterans like Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan quite early in her career, it’s strange that she always gets sidelined in the promotions. “Salman and Ajay are obviously a double dhamaka in the film. But I am happy with whatever I have got till now,” says Asin about working along side two known actors. She adds, “I do have an important part to play in the film. So it is for the audience to decide how good my screen presence is.”
With exposure becoming the trend in the industry, how open is she to two-piece action? “It is very subjective. It depends on how comfortable I am with the role and with the team.” However, she does not rule out the possibility, “if I’m being approached with a script that demands me to expose.”
Interestingly, Asin is one of the few actresses who have shown that an actress can be friends with her female colleagues. “I share a great relationship with all of my co-stars as I never come with expectations or pre-conceived notions about people who I work with. So I get to know them well.”
But what about rumours about her tiffs with Salman Khan? “Just tiffs? There are rumours about Salman and I having an affair as well,” she quips, adding, “These are all rumours and there is nothing more to it as we share a professional relationship.”
Asin further explains, “It is a very friendly professional relationship and not a robotic professional relationship. We are very comfortable with each other and would be promoting our film together.”
And is Katrina comfortable with this friendship? “That you’ll have to ask her. To me these are all baseless and ridiculous gossips, as I am not aware of any problem that she has with me. I have met her once and she is a very nice girl,” the actress signed off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment