Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dia’s acidic response


Acid Factory is about horror of discovering true self
The usually reserved Dia Mirza seems to have had enough of being dragged into controversies. While in the Capital recently, the actress made sure she addressed various rumours about her that have been doing the rounds.
Dia

Addressing accusations of being unprofessional and refusing to walk the ramp for her film, Acid Factory, Dia said, “I had not committed to walk for the designer, but only to attend a party hosted the previous evening, which I did. It’s unfair to make me look unprofessional. It was a very wrongly maligned story, but I think people stoop to all kinds of levels to promote their films.” So does she think it was a ploy to market the film? “Absolutely, it’s the marketing people involved with the film who do all this,” she retorted.
The actress is also irked by reports that co-star Irrfan Khan had kissed her on the lips during one of the scenes, when originally he was supposed to plant a kiss on her cheek. “It was absolute rubbish. Irrfan would never do anything that would be considered inappropriate in any situation. He did improvise in a scene, I was surprised, but it was not something I got upset about or created a scene about. Even today, I maintain that he had done nothing to disrespect me, or upset me,” she said.
And did she refuse to be a part of Karan Johar’s I Hate Love Stories because she was being offered a cameo role? “The story that I had signed a contract and then backed out — that was absolutely wrong. I heard the script, and I didn’t think I suited the part,” she clarified.
The actress, who is promoting the Channel [V] show, Kidnap, said if there’s one person she could kidnap, it would be Amitabh Bachchan. “I’m in awe of him. Given his schedule, he’s so busy that we rarely get time to interact. So the ideal thing would be to kidnap him,” she concluded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment