Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Think big: SRK tells Knight Riders



Kolkata: After the convincing win against the Rajasthan Royals at the Eden Gardens here Saturday, the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) have lit up a ray of hope not only among their supporters but also in its super glam owner and Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
"(I) have no idea on run rates etc. but hope we can give KKR followers something to cheer about tom (tomorrow). Last match at home. Will miss it all," tweeted the actor.
SRK was present at the Eden Gardens Saturday and was all smiles at the end of the match as his men in purple won by eight wickets with captain Sourav Ganguly leading the way with an unbeaten 75 off 50 balls.
"Win at last. Love to be here. The Eden Gardens has always been a wonderful place to play cricket. The crowd here has always been warm. But we as a team didn’t do enough to make them happy perhaps. Hope to do better," said King Khan after the match.
The Bollywood Badshah was all praise for the skipper of his franchise and the local favourite here.
"Dada (Sourav Ganguly)! That’s the only superlative I can use for him perhaps. He is a national hero, a legend and very hardworking. He’s always ready for a comeback. Isn’t it?"
Fancy KKR breaking into the semis?
"Slim chances but…see I’m from films so I do dream of making the semis. Always think big, then why semis and not finals!" grinned the KKR co-owner.
SRK feels people misconstrue his tweets.
"When I’m disappointed with my team I bring it out through twitter. People misconstrue, I feel. KKR players are like my own children to me. So I feel I have the right to be upset with things if they don’t go our way. Isn’t it?"
The Kolkata Knight Riders are now sixth in the Indian Premier League (IPL) with 12 points from 13 matches and need to win their last outing against the Mumbai Indians Monday along with favourable results from other matches to acquire a semi final berth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment