Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I won't marry this year: Imran Khan

By Prithwish Ganguly / DNA
During his engagement in January to girlfriend Avantika Malik, actor Imran Khan could not actively participate in the arrangements because he was busy with his shooting commitments. However, he wants to make up for that during his wedding. Imran wants to wrap up all work much before D-Day and take a long break post marriage.

He says, “I was in the middle of shooting and thus I could not be a part of any planning for my engagement. I just knew about the big decisions. I got engaged on January 16 and the next day I had to fly to New Zealand for shooting. That was not such a nice thing.”
He adds, “So, I had a word with Avantika and we spoke to our parents and decided that we won’t marry this year. I will wrap up everything and then concentrate single-mindedly on my wedding. It is a special occasion and I don’t want to think about anything else. I will take a month and a half break for my wedding.”
Imran and Avantika have decided to get married early next year as Imran is loaded with work this year. He has quite a few interesting projects — Karan Johar’s I Hate Love Stories where he is paired opposite Sonam Kapoor, Break Ke Baad with Deepika Padukone and his mamu Aamir Khan’s Delhi Belly. In fact, in I Hate Love Stories, Imran will be seen bare-chested in one of the scenes — the first time that he has done so on-screen.
He says, “I was apprehensive to go shirtless in the beginning. I have been always on the thinner side and I had to build my muscles to pull off the look that Karan wanted me to have. He had given me a time frame of 3-4 months to achieve it. I had to work hard for six days a week, three hours daily. I find gymming boring; so I did functional training which was fun and controlled my diet. I had steamed fish and veggies and no chicken or eggs. I had brown rice and sweet potatoes and ate lots of fruits and nuts. Plus, I did a lot of weight training.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment