Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Actresses are not friends: Katrina

By Press Trust of India

Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif, who is all set to make a splash in her upcoming flimRaajneeti, says her mentor-turned-boyfriend Salman Khan was always sure of her doing well and making a mark for herself in the tinsel town.

"Apart from guiding me, Salman had confidence in me. He is not the person to say that because he is friendly with you. He will say it genuinely," said Katrina.

The 25-year-old actress feels that it was her destiny that she came into the Hindi film industry and succeeded. She has many people to thank for her soaring career here.

"There are too many people whom I can call my godfather. I am grateful and indebted to them. Even Akshay Kumar took a risk in working with me initially," she said.

"He did not know me at all. He was at crossroads of his career. When he did 'Namastey London', people thought he had gone insane. Nobody is going to damage or destroy himself to help somebody else. Salman and Akshay believed in me and that is my good fortune and destiny," she said. 

Katrina says the fact that her earlier films did well at the box office was a "miracle", helping her weave the success story. 

"Had those films failed, nobody could have done anything for me. I don't think I would have got a second chance if the movies bombed," she said. 

The actress is appalled at how the media romantically links everyone with anyone.

"By doing this, media is discounting its own credibility. It is not possible to have so many link ups. This is the film industry and not a dating industry. One cannot be that fickle. We also have morals. Our professions may be different.. even an infatuation does not change that fast," she said apparently referring to her rumoured relationship with co-star Ranbir Kapoor.

Also, Katrina does not believe that on screen chemistry between two co-stars makes a film work. 

"It is the film that works. I and Salman worked in Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya and Partnerwhich were successes, but Yuvraj crashed," she pointed out.

On co-stars, she said, "Akshay and I complement each other well."

Katrina feels that finding good friends was a very difficult task in the film industry. 

"It's a reality, actresses are forced to accept. You can be friends with a director and he may not take you in his next film. You may find people who you counted on, not standing by you during your low phase. One has to be careful on what basis you are building your friendships," she said.

On vibes she shares with other top Bollywood actresses, Katrina says, "Actresses are not friends because there is no time. We are too much into each other's space to be friends, but I am cordial with Preity Zinta, Kareena and Priyanka and we hang out whenever we meet." 

Katrina said she started working at a very young age. "I am aware that I have to figure my path from here as an individual and as a woman, about the decisions I have to
take in life." 

To a question on her comments that she would get married in two years, Katrina said, "I don't know why I said that. Its said that man proposes and god disposes. I may have this lovely plan but who knows two years from now we may be sitting in this same room discussing a new film or my wedding."

The actress said it was just a thought.. "waking up with a silly dream in my head."

On her accented Hindi posing a bit of a problem, the actress said, "Every one speaks with an accent. For Raajneeti, I wanted to erase the accent during dubbing especially for difficult words. Even Arjun Rampal did not know the meaning of the word Aadyashakti which I knew." 

Katrina said even though it has not been stated in clear terms, her character in the film, which is a rich, spoilt brat, has probably studied abroad. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment