Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shahid Kapoor is pushing boundaries

By Prithwish Ganguly

Shahid Kapoor enjoys doing films that have a heart-warming script. The young actor who is riding on a high with his movies and performances being widely accepted by the masses told 
After Hrs that he would want to try his hand at doing all genres and never limit himself.


“I have always looked to take up scripts that have excited me and that will never stop. Jab We Met, Kaminey, Chance Pe Dance, Dil Bole Hadippa— all of them moved me with their script. Now that I have done Ahmed Khan’s film and even my forthcoming film have very different scripts, allowing me to experiment with my looks and acting,” Shahid told us.
He adds, “That’s what I want to do as an actor. I want to do dramas, action, tragedies, comedies, rom-coms, everything. I will not limit myself ever because I feel an actor should never look to do that and be open to the challenges that come his way. I love to push myself. Kaminey was something that really pushed me a lot in terms of my acting abilities as I had to bring out two characters who needed to be totally different to the audiences who knew that it was the same person that is me playing the two roles. But that’s what I love about cinema. That’s the exciting part.”
The actor also gushes about his close friend Ahmed Khan, who has donned the hat of choreographer, director and producer with equal ease in the industry. “I share a very special bond with Ahmed. He is a superbly talented man and a great friend. I’m very happy for him and will always try to be there whenever he needs me for anything,” he says.
Such was Shahid’s dedication for Ahmed’s film, that touched on the sensitive subject of student suicides in the country and the growing debate on the problems that Indian education system has, Shahid was keen to promote it to the hilt.
“If the promotions required me to talk to parents about the current education system and discuss and debate about it, I would have done that but obviously with more educated and learned people about the issue besides me,” he ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment