Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hrithik taught me how to abuse: Barbara

/photo.cms?msid=5868751
By Reshma Kelkar/INDIATIMES MOVIES

Mexican hottie Barbara Mori spills some beans about her relationship with ‘Kites’ co-star Hrithik Roshan. 

How did Kites fall in your kitty? 
Rakesh Roshan and Anurag Basu met me in LA. Anurag narrated me this story of a Mexican girl and an Indian guy and how their life changes when they fall in love. The story was so beautiful that I fell in love with it and couldn’t say no to Anurag. 

Tell us something about your earlier work. 
I started working as a waitress when I was 14 years old. I got into modeling at 16 and started acting at 18. I wanted to be a teacher because I love kids but ended up becoming an actor. 

How was the experience of working in Bollywood? 
It was an exciting and completely new experience for me. Kites has a lot of firsts for me – my first English language film, first Hindi language film and first action film. This is totally different from what I have done earlier. 

Did you know about Bollywood earlier? 
I had an idea of Bollywood but knew nobody. I had never heard of Hrithik, Shah Rukh or Rakesh Roshan. But I feel fortunate working with Hrithik now because he is a God here and I am surprised and happy that I have worked with someone like him. I am glad to be part of such a big and beautiful film. I never watched Hindi films earlier, forget Hrithik’s. But now I have seen all his films and loved Lakshya and Koi Mil Gaya 

Weren’t you wary of the film since you are not familiar with both English and Hindi? 
I know a little bit of English but Hindi was completely new to me. Earlier I thought it would be really difficult but Hrithik became my translator on the sets. 

Kites promises a lot of action sequences. Was it intimidating? 
The underwater scenes were very difficult for me. There were lots of stunts and I was apprehensive at first. But once on sets, my fear disappeared. I wouldn’t deny that the dangerous stunts have been performed by professionals. But I did most of the other stunts myself. 

Any homework you had to do for your character? 
I studied my character Natasha in Mexico because I couldn’t stay in India for a long time. My family is in Mexico. I prepared mentally and was on diet for 6 months. 

How important is love in your life? 
Love is the most important thing in my life. 

Who was your first love? 
I fell in love for the first time when I was 14. Sadly he was a really bad guy. He was Mexican. 

After that did you ever fell in love again? 
Yes. With my son’s father but we never got married. I have a 12 year son. And I don’t want to get married now. 

Who is the most important person in your life? 
My 12 year old son – Serjio! I feel mother-son relationship is the most endearing relationship in the world. I live my life with lot of honesty and dignity. I have taught the same to my son. 

What do you have to say of your linkup stories with Hrithik? 
Nothing! I laugh on it. I have been linked up with all my costars in Mexico so this is nothing new to me. I am used to it. At beginning I used to cry and think why I have been linked up but now I don’t take it seriously. 

So how is your relationship with Hrithik and his wife Suzanne? 
I met Hrithik when Suzanne was pregnant. I was away from my home but they are so warm people that they made me feel like a family. I am a very emotional girl. When I met the Roshan family, I fell in love with them. Hrithik and Suzzanne will always be in my heart. I went out with Suzzanne many times. We are good friends. I had been to their place for dinner many times. The food was so spicy that I couldn’t eat it. So the next time they diluted the spice with more sweet texture to the menu. 

What is the one thing you learnt from Hrithik? 
Hrithik taught me abuses like ‘ ullu ke pathe ’ and lines like ‘ main tumse pyaar karti hoon ’ though I didn’t knew the meaning of it for a long time. 

Have you got any other offers post Kites? 
I haven’t got any offers yet. Only Anurag Basu has offered me his next film. 

Isn’t your brother also in India? 
My brother has been living in India since a year. He is a singer and wants to make a career in music. But I want to go back to Mexico. I will come back whenever work calls. I want to come to India for vacations. I am fascinated by the country. I have seen Goa and want to see Taj Mahal now. 

What do you think about Indian culture? 
Indian culture is so different from Mexico. A single mother is not an issue in Mexico but here it is. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment