Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tanushree disillusioned by controversies around 'Apartment


Actress Tanushree Dutta is feeling disillusioned with the controversies surrounding her latest release, Jagmohan Mundra directed 'Apartment'.

Rumours have been doing the rounds that Tanushree has done some explicit scenes and there is also an lesbian angle between her and Neetu Chandra. She has also been accused of a cat fight with Chandra. Naturally, the 29-year-old actress is feeling disappointed with the way this entire episode has taken shape.

"I feel so disappointed when I see such rumours floating around 'Apartment'. Am I here to work in films dealing with subjects centred on sex? Am I indulging into fights with my co-stars all the time? Come on, at the end of the day I have to safeguard my image as well," Tanushree said.

"My credibility as an actor is also associated with a film and it is not fair for me, who has worked so hard so far, to be getting dragged into something like this. Give me some credit for my work, talk about the way I have approached my character. But such stories just take all attention away from the relevant topics," she said.

The actress, who was recently seen as a possessed female in horror thriller 'Rokkk' and saw some good critical appreciation coming her way is playing a victim  while Chandra plays the role of a schizophrenic in the film, which released on Friday. Tanushree playing an air hostess who hires a paying guest only to get victimised by her. However, what is indeed playing in Tanushree's mind is the way certain stories have been plugged as a part of promotional campaign of 'Apartment'.

"The way things have been written about 'Apartment', I am wondering what's the kind of mileage has it eventually gained? You work so hard on a film, put your blood and sweat and then something like this happens. Really, this isn't something that I had signed up for. The way I have been dragged in controversies that have nothing to do with me, I feel so disillusioned. I am hurt" she says.

The actress says she has given her best to the role and hopes the film will do well at the box office. "At the end of the day, results are not always in my hands. I have put my best in 'Apartment'. Beyond that, I am not thinking much. I have stopped building expectations long time back itself." Tanushree began her Bollywood career opposite Emraan Hashmi in 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment