Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Salman flies kite with Modi, refuses to be drawn into endorsing him as next PM

Kavita Awaasthi, Hindustan Times 

Actor Salman Khan flew kites with Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi and had lunch with him on Tuesday, but declined to be drawn into endorsing the Bharatiya Janata Party leader as the next prime minister.
 
“God should decide who is the best man for the country and the best man should be the PM,” Salman said at Ghatlodia in Ahmedabad, with the BJP prime ministerial nominee standing alongside during the annual kite festival organised on Makar Sankranti.
 
Salman, who in town to promote his film Jai Ho, had accepted an invitation from Modi’s office to participate in the Uttarayan festival, fly kites and have lunch, according to people close to the actor.
 
Following persistent media queries about whether he backed Modi as the next prime minister, Salman said, “I belong to the film line. I can clearly answer questions on films. On politics, because of my limited knowledge, I will not be able to give clear answers. If I begin answering your questions, I will get trapped.”


Modi tweeted this picture earlier in the day (Source: twitter/narendramodi)
 
The actor, whose remarks have often set off controversies, refused to be drawn into a fresh one. He had faced massive criticism for his remark that the 26/11 terror attack had got so much attention because the "elite" were targeted.
 
"Modi Saheb should definitely get whatever is in his destiny, he must. Modi Saheb has brought so much progress to Gujarat," the actor said.
 
With journalists still not giving up on the prime ministerial question, Salman said, “I am not from Gujarat. I come from Bandra in Mumbai and for me the best candidates are Baba Siddique and Priya Dutt (both Congress). My agreeing or disagreeing will not matter much.
 
"For you Modi Saheb is the best man and for me it is Baba Siddique and Priya Dutt. May the best win.”
 
With the crowd chanting “Modi! Modi”, Salman said, "I like him very much. He is a great man, he is doing a lot for the state. I wish Modi Saheb all the best in his life.”
  
View image on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment