Pages

Search For More Entertainment News

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Rakul Preet Singh’s long drive: Gurgaon to Mumbai

Rakul Preet Singh, who made her debut with Yaariyan, is quite happily flaunting her latest purchase - a luxury car.

The actress bought the car in Gurgaon, and what's more, she drove it herself all the way from Gurgaon to Mumbai over a span of two days. "The car was bought in Gurgaon since my documents have my Gurgaon address. I had to sign a film down south, but I requested the producers to defer it by three days because I just couldn't wait to get my car!


My dad told me that he could send the car to Mumbai, but I chose to drive it down myself from Gurgaon itself. My house is near the highway, so it was easy. I took the expressway and it was a smooth ride. It was a two-day journey getting the car to Mumbai, and I was accompanied by two of my best friends. I was so excited about my new possession that I didn't let them drive even once during the entire 1,200 km long journey. During the trip, we stopped at Udaipur and Ahmedabad."

The actress, who is currently shooting in Hyderabad for a Tollywood flick, told us that she just couldn't get over the excitement of buying the car and is missing it already. "I am currently in Hyderabad and my car is in Mumbai. Since it's new, I treat it like my baby. I was asking my dad whether I should get my car to Hyderabad and drive it around here since I will be shooting here for another three to four months, but he asked me to be patient."

It's been a couple of years since Rakul's parents have been staying in the Millennium City, but she told us that she hasn't explored the city much. "We moved to Gurgaon a couple of years back, and it was around the same time that I moved to Mumbai."

"I have barely lived in Gurgaon for more than three to four months. I have not explored the city much except for Cyber Hub, where I had gone with my friends. It has pretty much everything under one roof and is one of the best hangout places in the city," Rakul said, adding, "I prefer travelling from Gurgaon to Delhi to meet my friends. I consider myself a Delhiite."

When asked about her Delhi connect, she said, "I have done my schooling and college in Delhi, so the city has a lot of memories for me. I studied in Jesus & Mary College, I was also modelling at that time. We were supposed to have 60% attendance at that time and I would just manage to meet the benchmark by getting 59.9%. I used to bunk classes during college and just managed to get the required attendance."

Rakul also revealed that she was a golfer during her school days and has even participated in a couple of national-level competitions. "It was my dad who introduced me to golf. He would take me to the Army Golf Club in the Cantonment area. Initially, I hated the sport, but slowly I developed a liking for it and went on to excel at it. Right from Class VII to Class XII, it was my routine to go for golf after school between 3pm to 6pm. I would either go to Army Golf Club or Delhi Golf Club. However, I quit golf when I entered college, because I always wanted to take up acting as a profession. Playing golf tans you a lot and I couldn't afford to get tanned since I had to look presentable for my modelling assignments. Even now, whenever I am in Gurgaon, I go to the DLF Golf Club to play golf, as it is quite relaxing."

Rakul, a former Miss India contestant, says that it was because of the pageant that she started taking things more seriously. "Nobody has won five sub-contests like I did, so that obviously helped me, as I knew people and they too recognised me. I became more confident about myself after the pageant and also started taking things more seriously after having participated in the pageant." While the actress was a known name down south, after her Bollywood debut with Yaariyan, she says people have started recognising her here. "Whenever I go to a mall or the airport, people recognise me. Now, I have to pay more attention to what I wear while I go out."

Copyright: timesofindia.indiatimes.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment